December 27, 2008

Jack Dawson.

My 100th post on blogspot :) And I dedicate this to the Titanic, Rose and Jack Dawson.

Had singing rehearsal at Duta Nusantara today. Was good :) Still can't hit the high notes in 'One' strongly, but practice should help. 

I watched Titanic. I mentioned in an earlier post that I had a crush on Leonardo DiCaprio way back then. I think, Titanic is the only movie that can get me crying every time I watch it. I got all emotional when Jack and Cal urged Rose to get onto one of the life boats. When the crew heaved the boat down onto the water, Rose just stared at Jack and slowly we couldn't hear the voices of crew yelling for order, people screaming in panic, or children crying anymore ... She heard Jack :) Just Jack.

My eyes filled with tears, I tried holding back, I didn't want the tears to fall. But then Rose jumped out of the life boat and back onto the ship. She ran, and so did Jack. When Jack found Rose one deck lower, he just grabbed her into his arms and kept saying over and over again, "Why did you do that Rose?! You're so stupid, why did you do that?!" but in between sentences he'd kiss her. I couldn't hold it back no more, I cried like a baby all the way till the end of the movie.

I cried even more when Jack and Rose were in the water, and Jack made Rose promise him, however hopeless she felt, in whatever condition she was in, she would survive the night. That she will die and old woman in her warm bed and not in the ice cold water, not that night. Watching Jack Dawson, I just felt like running to Leonardo DiCaprio and giving him a big big big emotional hug. He's the closest thing to Jack Dawson :)

I cried even harder when one of the life boats came back to rescue survivors in the water. Rose saw the boat and she tried waking Jack, but he never did. She left him in the water, and kept the promise she made to him. 

In my opinion, no movie has topped Titanic. Nope, not Men of Honor, not FlyBoys, not even The Pursuit of Happiness. Kate Winslet and Leonardo DiCaprio gave such depth to their characters, even though there really weren't any Rose or Jack Dawson aboard the Titanic, ya can't help, but in your eyes their characters is and will be forever alive. 


I love this movie.

0 comments: