December 13, 2008

Half a day (well, almost) Musical Marathon

Kak Sabrina had us watch some musicals to get the feel and the idea of the scene. 


The two songs I was really touched by was Sun and Moon and I Still Believe from the musical Miss Saigon. My parents watched the musical in Europe (i think), the one Lea Salonga starred in :( Grr I wish I was there. To watch Lea Salonga in Miss Saigon would be something I can never do, she's stopped playing the character. 

I wish. I hope. One day, I'll be given the chance to perform those songs. hahah, that's considered my singing could pass off okay to sing such an emotional song. I didn't watch the full musical, but the songs nearly brought me to tears. 

I also loved Carrying the Banner from the Newsies. They had such energy, such ... can I say passion? Watching them made me want to get up and dance along.

0 comments: