December 22, 2008

Emm .. Romanov?

Just before Mandarin tuition this morning, I switched on to Star Movies and almost jumped when I saw Anastasia on the TV. Yyuuup, the cartton Anastacia. I can't say much, probably shouldn't anyway, I'd start rambling away.


I love Anastasia. Mostly because everytime I watch the movie, I can't help but wonder what happened to the real Anastasia. When I was still in primary school, I used to spend hours on the internet reading about the Romanov family. One article I read stated that it wasn't sure if it was Anastasia that survived, or her sister, Maria. I can't help but wonder if Anastasia/Maria knew that they were the rightful heir to the Russian throne after the tragedy, or if they could remember anything at all. Russian scientists announced that the charred remains of a young boy and a young woman found near Ekatireinburg in August 2007 might be of the 2 missing children of the Romanov family (their only son, Alexei, also escaped). 

On the 30th April 2008, Russian forensic scientists confirmed the bodies to be of Tsarevich Alexei and one of his four sisters (Maria/Anastasia).

Part of me liking the movie was also because of Dimitri :) I think he's one of the few cute animated characters. Top of the cute animations would be .... Aladdin :)

I also watched The Nanny Diaries this afternoon. :) Harvard Hottie still gets to me. 

0 comments: