November 27, 2008

Twilight - 11.30am



Yes :) Mid Valley . Twilight the movie. 

Sean and I left home for Taman Paramount and took the LRT to Asia Jaya. I wanted to take the LRT to Bangsar and from there take the shuttle bus straight to Mid Valley. But noooo, Sean insisted on going to Asia Jaya and from there walk a little to a bus stop near his school. He says the bus will take us to Mid Valley. 

Guess what. A little walk ended up the distance from Taman Paramount to my house multiplied by four. I was singing songs from Mamma Mia and sort of whining the whole time we were walking. :\ But we got to Mid Valley, and I think (I hope!) I stopped singing / whining by then.

Met up with Qis, Siti, Hakim and Siti's mom at the cinema. We went to McD's for a little breakfast, but I already had my breakfast at home so I didn't order anything :) Besides, the excitement of Twilight only 25 minutes away made it almost impossible for me to even imagine eating anything. lol okay maybe I exaggerated that bit a tad too much. But I was very very excited. Siti's mom and Hakim went home after their breakfast, we (Qis, Siti, Sean and me) were left about 15 minutes before the movie started (11.30am)

We went to Momoe just to look around. I don't walk into that store often, I never realized they had nice sneakers there. Their bags and their shawls (are they called that?) weren't bad either. What am I saying, I liked the stuff there. The store drowned our sense of timing and by the time we finished scanning, oooh-ing, and oh-I-like-this-ing the whole shop, it was 5 minutes to Twilight. Damn, at that moment it felt like a silent countdown inside of me, just waiting to see The Cullens and Bella Swan on the big screen. 

We took our time walking to the cinema. :) Cinema Hall 11 was right in front of us, walking into the hall I couldn't hold back some silent squeals and practically skipped to our seats. 

Movie advertisements has never felt so draggy, ever. Siti and I laughed at a few adverts but still inside I was all :"My gosh hurry hurry hurry it up already". Then the little footage of the buff security guard warning to not use any recording gadgets and to silent their handphones was on the screen. AHH I was so excited I think the woman 2 seats away from me could sense the excitement. 

Then there it was :) The first footage - of a deer (i think it was a deer). I was a little confused cos I don't remember reading anything about a deer in the book, although maybe I've forgotten about the deer, I dunno. And then Kristen Stewart appeared on the big screen and inside I screamed :"IT'S BELLA!". The novel character I've envied and admired was right in front of me - ehhh, sort of.

(maybe this post is starting to get a little over dramatic)

Anyway. I must admit the casting was close to perfect with the characters in the book. At first I preferred Emily Browning as Bella but after watching the movie I can't think of anyone better to play Bella than Kristen. She did awesome, wasn't the typical pretty girl next door but she was beautiful in her own way. In the Bella way :) hahah

And Edward Cullen. At first I thought, it would be impossible to find someone as purrrfect as how Edward was described in the book. I wouldn't say Edward Cullen is perfect, I think more like as gorgeous, not just the facial features but the aura. It's so true and I quote (i hope i get this right) :"Everything about me reels you in. My voice, my looks, my smell." Everything about Edward was so ... attractive in the 'i dont know why but i just wanna go there' way. And Robert Pattinson grasped Edward's aura very well. Once again, I can't think of any other actor to play Edward Cullen.

Charlie and Bella's house in Forks was exactly how I imagined it. The stairs, the kitchen, her room. Even the outsides of the house was so similar to what I imagined when I read the book. The whole Cullen family fit my imaginations (and I'm sure millions of other Twilight fans) perfectly. I imagined Charlie to be a little older but I guess Charlie in the movie was okay. He was funny. James, Laurent and Victoria were also very much like how the characters were described in the book. All in all, casting was amazing.

During the first cafeteria scene, when we see the Cullens walking outside making their way into the cafeteria, a 'whoaaa' came from the audience in the cinema. 

But the best scene, at least the best scene for me, was when the Cullens were playing baseball. I loved every scene after that scene. Words can't describe the feeling. I loved the movie. I can't wait for New Moon to hit the big screen :)

I think half an hour after the movie I was still smiling when I thought of Edward. 

0 comments: