November 4, 2008

i missed out 3 days :(

Sunday 2.11.08


Reached Lake Garden at 8.15am for the Terry Fox run. Qissie accompanied me for a quick change into the Terry Fox t-shirt. Public toilet was FULL + a long cue outside + had to pay RM0.20 to get in. So I improvised and looked for somewhere else to change.

Surprisingly I managed to change in time :)

Qis, Kak Sarah and I walked together. Tariq and Sean went ahead. We saw ....
  • A few people in kain pelekat (one of the guys weren't wearing shoes)
  • A little boy named Archie had an oversized tshirt that reached his ankles :) aww.
  • A little boy with a backpack (and a leash :\)
  • MONKEYS!
Tariq was already at the finishing line when Qis and I reached there. Found out Sean took the advanced route (that was an extra 4km). 

Rehearsal was as usual. OH! Peter's students were dancing the Rhumba. Alia, Alesia, Siti and myself were transfixed! Loved it. It amped up my excitement for next week's ballroom class. 


Monday 3.11.08

Didn't go to school (heh, when did I ever, ever since PMR ended), my feet were sore (I'm guessing due to the hours of walking+dancing on Sunday). I spent the whole morning watching Picture This starring Ashley Tisdale on youtube - in parts, yes. I loved it. 

Today would be the first Mandarin tuition I had since PMR. Vicky asked to see the paper, embarrassingly enough I didn't know where they were. I'm in the midst of spring-cleaning my bedroom. You can't imagine the random things I found in there. I left all the PMR papers in my room, everything is jumbled up I can find anything at all. 

We've set what I should achieve in my Mandarin lessons by the end of the holidays. :\ I guess my plan to completely escape the syllabus isn't gonna work out. But it's for the best, I have 2 months to improve my Mandarin and my BM before I walk in school a form four student :)

Oh and I finally got my pictures for the visa for our Bei Jing trip end November. Yeap, the date is set, we'll be leaving on the 30th of November, coming home on the 4th of December. The 30th is a Sunday, I hope the flight is after rehearsal. I'm pretty excited for Bei Jing. I haven't seen the tour package but other than the Great Wall I hope we get to get in a radius of at least 1km of the Bird's Nest. I also hope I get to learn some of China's history from the people while I'm there.


Tuesday 4.11.08

Went to the gym this morning with mummy. The pilate instructor at klgcc had a look at my spine. Yeaaah, I can't straighten my back, when I do try I feel a strain just below at the back of my neck. It doesn't hurt, but it's uncomfortable. As a result, I'm always hunching and my shoulders are slouched frontwards. 

The instructor advised for me to go for an x-ray and that pilates may help correct my posture. Which I really want to correct for the sake of ballroom dancing and incase it affects my future health or my hunch worsens in the future.

After the gym I continued my spring cleaning. Found my old coin album :) I found coins dated all the way back in 1885. When you think about it, it's kind of cool wondering where the coin has been, who held it, how the person was like ... and I'll never know. All I know is that all the coins were from my great grandmother. 

I found old books my mother owned during her years in high school. She was in a convent school, taught by English women and nuns were around school and stuff :) It's pretty cool, their books. So very different from our textbooks today. Their english books had funny passages, british humour and instructions on pronunciation and intonation and stuff. They actually have diagrams of how your tongue should be positioned when pronouncing a certain word. 

My sister and I read the book from page to page till about one in the morning :) Now that's a school book I want to read. 

I've re-did my holiday regime. Added a few, cancelled a few off the old regime. I hope I actually stick to the new regime, I only managed to complete 2 out of the 6 off the old regime. And I've made a list of what I need for my 2009 year start which I hope will be checked off by Christmas.  :)

I followed my parents for a reflexology session in SS2 before we picked my sister up from tuition. Was a little nervous, never had went for a session before and my dad tells me it'll hurt. I found it relaxing :) It hurt a little but nothing that would make me not want to go back. Watched Anaconda during the session.

p/s: Does anyone keep their KH project? The wood project we spend 2 months on. 

Personally, I think other than carpentering, accounts or home ec, Kemahiran Hidup classes should help us familiarise with the IT world. It's the 20th century, IT is highlighted in the world of today. As time change, our kemahiran should adjust to the changes time brings. How do we mahir in our hidup if what the current time is rocking out to is something different from what our classes teach?

But ofcourse, people should be given the choice to pick what they want to mahir in. And I know that's what all the pilihan's in our text books is for. I'm just saying IT should be one of the pilihans.


Yet again, I don't read any of the other pilihans in the text book except for pilihan 4. :) Correct me if I'm wrong, but our text books doesn't touch much IT.

0 comments: