November 28, 2008

Take a Step

I just got back from ballroom. *sigh* waiting a week was worth while :) I absolutely enjoyed myself on the dance floor.


There are alternations and new steps to our Rhumba dance. I still have a lot to work out on, especially for the new steps. Honestly I wouldn't mind dancing the whole day :) Exception of atleast 8 hours of sleep, please.

When Sean and I entered the place, Johnston and his parter, Natalie (I think her name is Natalie, I apologize if I am mistaken) were dancing the ChaCha and another dance I couldn't recognize, although I thought it was the Rhumba. Boy can they dance. Natalie was so 'strong', you know, not flimsy, sooo ... firm on the ground yet lifted up. Don't even get me started on Johnston, he has skills yo :). They were amazing.

We did the Rhumba most of the time. I partnered Alex again. Whenever it comes to partnering, I'd get really nervous and guilty cos I mess up often XP He was so nice, he would mention the next step a beat before, which helped me. :) I know the steps, but when the music comes on all of a sudden butterflies so huge fly around in my stomach, I forget the choreography. :) But still, the time there was really really fun.

Note. (incase I forget and this is for Siti as well)
Next weeks class isn't on Friday, it's on Thursday (4th Dec) instead. Four o'clock till five thirty, I suggest you reach there at about three thirty to work out the new rhumba steps with crystal (wei chee) or Maybelle. :) They know their steps well. And next week we have Waltz as well as Cha cha and rhumba. Reason why the post-pone is cos the teachers will be going to Sabah for a competition (or was a performance, didn't quite catch that part). 

What else ...

Oh yeah.

4th December is when we'll be coming back from BeiJing :'( so we might not make it in time for ballroom class. ahhh. Hopefully we reach home before 3pm and from the airport straight to ballroom. Hahah yeah right, I'd be too tired from the flight and all the rush. :\ But if we reach home in the morning (which I doubt we will), we'd be able to make it in time. 

Plus, they'll go through all the dances and we'll be starting a new dance next week. oh grr. Let's hope for a miracle - which would be, an early flight home :)

0 comments: