January 31, 2009

Of old friends, jelly, broadway, and a very orange Megan Chng

I woke up this morning, just in time for an hour of gaming on the game console before I had to get ready for ballroom class. Belman got a tan :) I think it may be unintended, and also a new haircut. lol, probably his new years resolution - to look more Malaysian :) NAWW thats too mean, he still looks like our latin dance teacher, Belman.


ANYWAY. We had some changes to the cha cha routine. Exams in May-ish June-ish and I can't wait. 'Cos it means I'll be able to get my latin shoes pretty soon :P :P. We've covered the Waltz, and a little bit of Tango, and today I learned the Quickstep :) ! Which I think is my favourite among the standard ballroom dances ... so far. 

After that, I took a 45 minute nap at home. When I got up, Aizat was already at the house and we had to leave for DTB rehearsal. After costume fitting, we watched a dvd of broadway songs. Which is really cool, cos I really love love love the songs they have on Broadway. :) Among the songs we heard today, I liked On My Own, sang by Lea Salonga and I think is from the musical Les Miserables. 

Just before we left aunty Farah's place. :) Alan turned off some of the lights, so it was pretty dim. Everyone (but our dear Krystle) was ready and waited for our cue, aaaand ... 

Happy Birthday to you :)
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Biiirthday to Krryyysstle
Happy Birthday to you :)
*cheer cheer cheer*

Yeaap :) Before we got to rehearsal, Sean bought a cake for Krystle. I hope she hasn't stopped celebrating her 17 birthday, cos I think she deserves to celebrate for a little longer, don't you think so too? :)

CNY dinner at auntie Moy Lee's was good. Ace and Don left just a few moments after we arrived, for a movie at Sunway. I couldn't stop helping myself to the orange glass jelly ): They were soo .. addictive. 

I changed and freshened up (which really didn't do much to my energy-drained-look, really) and was on my way from Shah Alam to Megans CNY dinner at Kelana Jaya. I didn't realize where the CNY dinner was held was the same place the family and I went for a spontaneous lunch-spot choice once :) . 

When I got there, Alia and Megan greeted me with arms wide open :) A HUG WAS IN CUE! :D So what did I do?




I hug laah.

Then suddenly, from the corner of my eye I saw about five or six people coming our way, and in my head I thought, "My god did I arrive so late everyone else was already leaving?!". When I focused my a little bit more, I realized I knew all of the five or six people :)

Isaac George    Sara George    Nasha Raina    Christopher Saw    Lydia Wong

aannd this last person was holding a camera which covered half ... well actually the whole of the top of her face. Couldn't stop taking pictures, the flash was blinding but I could tell the way the person moved was freakishly familiar :) 

Mae : OMIGOD I know her! :D Trisher!

*looks at Megans

Mae : *whispers* Trisher, right?

And it wass! :D Said hi to everyone, everyone said hi and we all sat down a their already-eaten-and-now-we're-having-a-chit-chat-cum-gamble-gamble-fun-time table :) Tonight would be the first night I was with people gambling actual money and not, Monopoly colorful paper money, or peanuts, or math sticks. :) It was real money, and it felt so ... real :) Overwhelming.

It was really fun catching up with everybody. Especially Miss Alia Astaman, Isaac+Sara George, and Nasha Raina. It was nice meeting new people too! Aaron and Lydia. I couldn't stop saying pretty dumb stuff, but after a couple of us had some fancy named drinks, they couldn't stop saying dumb stuff either. 

It would take me ... more than three blog posts to type out every single conversation .. well I wouldnt call it a conversation. it was more of a .. laughersation. So I'll round it off to a .. It was a wonderful fun fun fun time :)

Thank you Megan Chng for inviting me :) I had a lot of fun.

0 comments: