January 1, 2009

Aloha 2009!

What a way to start a new year :)

Someone tried to break into my dad's car. They used wires, a grass cutter and a plank of wood. They didn't manage to break into the car but the driver's seat window is chipped. This morning, when my dad went to the police station to lodge a report, both his nokia and his samsung phones were stolen. Contacts, appointments, info all gone. aaaaall gone. 

I woke up to my dad calling my name. hahah. That rarely happens, he usually leaves me sleeping even if it's after noon. But today the family were going to have lunch at uncle Zahrain's house. I like going there, uncle Zahrain, uncle Zubair and my dad have their weird jokes and it's fun to just sit at the table and listen.

One of the paintings, aunt Hairani wanted the painting on one of the walls. But one of the men suggested the painting be hung on another wall, he thought it'd look better. Then Uncle Zubair steps in and says, "Dude, you better let the woman decide. Take it from a married man, she won't let you forget about it until the day you die.". LOL. 

We were at uncle Zahrains house 'till about 6pm. After we picked up Sean from Uptown, we went to Ikea to get my wall shelves and Jean's study table. In the car daddy told me, as my reward for my PMR results, he gave me three choices of ... 

  • A short trip to somewhere during one of the holidays.
  • Deco for my room ... painting, bean bag .. anything
  • Or cash to spend
I'm not going for the cash, I'm almost certain I'll spend it all. I'm considering between choices one and two, but I have a feeling I'll be going for choice number two. There's an Audrey Hepburn painting I want from IKEA. Sure, it's no one of a kind painting, but I like it :) We'll see.


We bought my wall shelves, which my dad will help me put up tomorrow. Although, we couldn't find a suitable table for Jean, not only has it have to be suitable for Jean, but it has to have the correct width measurement to look like an extension from the table I bought. 

Tomorrow I'll be going to KLIA to bid farewell to our housekeeper, Gina, of ten years. She's been with me since I was in kindie, it's going to be weird not seeing her around the house. Or her voice calling out my name during dinner time. Or her coming into my room and telling me the mess is a sore for the eye, and can't stop bugging me to clean it up, especially my clothes strewn everywhere. I'll miss her. I'll really really miss her. 

On the way home, it was around 9.45pm and in my head I just went, "Ohmygod. Right now, at this moment, the cast of mamma mia is performing on stage in istana budaya." That, followed by the sudden bang of wanting to go to istana budaya and watch them strut their stuff for the last time in KL. The show should be finishing by now (11.14pm), I'm gonna miss the musical. Hopefully next year West End will send another great musical for an international tour. Please oh please? :)

2 comments:

Pixienish said...

How many A's Mae? :) & bye Gina!

Mae Elliessa said...

sorrryyyy I replied laaate ):

I'm not used to blogspot comments just yet.

7 :) high five!