January 25, 2009

Happy Chinese New Year :D foor real this time


bbq at my granparents place here in Penang was really fun. Everyone was conversating in Mandarin so I had to keep up. Despite Wei Ching having to translate almost half of what my cousins were talking (well, actually, laughing) about, I could catch some of the jokes and ... well .. lol :D

My grandma is a pretty cool woman. When I got to the house, and when I left the house at around 10.30pm, she had curlers in her hair :) If its possible, when I grow up and when I'm financially stable, I'd like to bring my grandma and grandpa, and ma and pa to anywhere they'd like in the world. Preferably China. I know my parents have been there, but I'd like my grandparents to step foot on the country where their parents came from.

I dont know if they had :) LOL. But I'd like to bring them there anyway. Its pretty cool when you think about it. I read history, about the China men that come on boats, leaving their homeland, leaving their families to come to Malaya. It never hit me that my great-grandparents could've been one of those men.

ANYWAY :D back to the present time.

My sister and I watched the fireworks from our hotel room window. :) It seemed like they could be going on till next years chinese new year, so I went to sleep.

:) I'm at the hotel lobby waiting for my family. They're cantik-ing themselves before we leave for my grandparents house. Mummy says before we go home we have to have the cendol on the island, and the ice kacang here on the mainland. :) LOL it's sort of tradition, everytime we're in Penang. Cendol and Ice kacang is a must must. must must with a post it to remember.

Internet here at the hotel lobby is GREAT :D HAHH. HAHH. I try to ignore the stares I get from people. :) A little boy was staring at me, I smiled at him and when I was about to wish him a Happy Chinese New Year, he ran away ):

I'm in love with little kids. :) Theyre .. so ... cute

AIYOO SO CUTE :D

0 comments: