October 18, 2008

Camp Rock :D

Yesterday (18.10.08) was awesomazing. 


I woke up at five thirty and blogged a little before I got ready for CampRock.

All participates had to be at the meeting point (Astro) at 8.30am. Departure time to KLPAC was 8.45am. Adrian Loke was at the registration counter when I registered myself. Adrian was from HSM-My School Rocks. He was also the person that called us (Transformers) to perform for some event in OU. That was fun.

Inka was already there when I registered. Immediately she introduced me to two new friends :) Gauthamy and Samulya. Gauthamy was in Annie-The Musical that staged in the Arena of Stars in Genting back in 2005. So yeah, she knew Latifah and Amelia. 

Samulya was very nice. (: She goes to Alice Smith International School, she knows Amelia Henderson. Coincidence I'll be seeing Amelia today (19.10.08). Such a small world, this is. We boarded the bus soon after meeting Gauthamy and Samulya. They split the participants to the 'On Air' participants and the 'Online' participants.

Inka was Online and I was On Air. :( But Gauthamy was on air too so I had company. 

The bus ride was cool :) We played and acronym game. People in the bus were very friendly. Nothing awkward. 

:) When we reached KLPAC, the first thing I saw was posters  and posters and posters of DemiLovato, JoeJonas, NickJonas, and KevinJonas. They were all over the place! From the ground floor to the 2nd floor! :) Ahhhh. The room we were in was also CampRock-a-fied. A huge stage that filled half the room, I presume you already know the backdrop :) There was a mirror, I was guessing for the dancing module we were gonna have.

Ean and Natalie from hitz.fm were the hosts. They were fun. JD and Uno from Pop Shuvit were the celebrity  guests for our 'Songwriting 101' module. I dunno what brought up the subject but at the end of the module everyone was into an inside joke about breakfast. :) 

There were 4 participants that were asked to share with everyone a song they composed themselves. The songs were amazing. :) They were so sweet. I loved Desiree and Amanda's song. Our expert for the module was NorFatimah and (another guy who's name escapes me), said to be one of the few Malaysian's expert composers. mmh.

After that we had our 'Singing 101' module. Suki from One in a Million was the celebrity guest. She was very cute, very bubbly was well. She performed the malay version of 'This is Me' called 'Siapaku'. I've never heard that cover but it was nice. 

Expert was Maziah. She really helped in our breathing techniques. At the end of the module, we were paired in groups of 2. Inka and I paired up together :) and every group had to perform one verse and a chorus of 'This is Me'. Gaaah, Inka and I were really nervous. 

:) They announced the top 3 winners soon after everyone got their turn to perform. Inka and I came in second :) yayyy! haha.

We had our lunch break after singing 101. Inka and i were expecting mee hoon or chicken rice in plastic containers. But boyyyy were we wrong. 

We had lunch in the cafe in the ground floor. It was buffet style and EVERYTHING was simply D.E.L.I.C.I.O.U.S.!!! There were fried squid, sliced beef medium rare, ribs, pasta (very very yummy pasta), cheesecake, ice cream in cute cups, and chocolate pudding. Almost gourmet, maaaaan XD hahah. And waiters went around with tall glasses of coke, orange juice and sprite. 

After lunch, we had our 'Showmanship 101' module. Celebrity guest was non-other than Moots from hitz.fm and Pop Shuvit. Hahah, until CampRock I had no idea they were the same person. It was really interesting listening to him. He really had the passion to do what he loves - perform. You could tell he really loved it and he really knew what he was talking about. 

Our expert for Showmanship was Linda Jasmine. Hahah! I had noooo idea but all the while, one of the CampRock participants, Qalif, was Linda Jasmine's son! hahah! She talked and answered ALL of our questions and there were alot. Too many for me to list them down :)

Linda Jasmine had the floor cleared and the participants split into 2 groups. 'We Rock' played and we had to strut to the other side of the room. The 2 groups would take turns :) Everyone was a little shy at first but it picked up around the middle and then everyone got into it soon after. AFTER that, Linda Jasmine would pick people into groups and they would go on stage and show their 'showmanship'. I was really nervous about this module cos I was really really not good with improv's.

Our 'dancing 101' module celebrity was Alam from So You Think You Cant Dance. He was very sweet with the participants and very friendly. He also performed to 'Hasta La Vista'.. BOY can he breakdance.

Our expert for the module was ... Linda Jasmine! haha! She has us all warm up and later taught us some choreography to 'Hasta La Vista'. :) The steps were fun and really energetic-ish. Everyone picked up really fast :) 15 minutes later we were groups of 5/6 and had to perform on stage. :)

Inka, myself, Amulya, Gauthamy and Shakirah were in a group together. We came in second. And Inka came in as one of the individual winners!!! AHHHHH YAY INKA! She won a CampRock soundtrack!! AHHH! :D haha. 

After that we took pictures, autographs and had tea in the cafe. After tea we boarded the bus, everyone was singing in the bus while Ean played the guitar. We played acronym games again. By the time we reached Astro, my mom was there. Said bye to Amulya and Gauthamy. 

At around 8.30pm we reached UncleZubir+AuntieIdah's house for raya. I missed that place. We had nasi lemak and laksa. mmmmm I loved the laksa. Just the way I like it. Havent seen Atika and Imran in so long I almost forgot how they looked like. Saw Atika first. :) Then Imran. Hahah! I almost couldn't recognize him! He had his hair very different and was taller too. lol first thing he said was 'You've grown'.

I was half expecting him to look at Jean and go 'Mae? Is that you??". lol, that was what Adam did the last time I saw him. UncleZubir told us about Gamarjobat - 2 Japanese mimes performing in Bangsar. :) I really wanna watch but their last show is today (19.10.08) and the timing doenst fit with our schedule so I dont think we're watching, although I really really want t0. So I guess I'll just have to stick to watching them on youtube. They're very funny :) You guys should check them out. 

We went home at around 10.30pm. I was hoping to catch up with Atika and Imran . Were childhood friends since ... well since very young but we've all grown. Atika is working/studying in Perak and Imran's in form5. He went to his friends place for raya soon after we arrived. 

Ahh, there'll be other times. 18.10.08 would have to be one of the best days in 2008. :)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey there mae! thanks for writing about camp rock! nice to see you there! :) keep in touch!

natalie@hitz.fm :)