April 14, 2009

Archie-mazing Saturday

11.4.09 would have to be one of the best days everr.


I woke up at 7.40am, or somewhere around there. Found myself singing along to David's album CD in my radio player. Couldn't get enough of the songs, really. 

Elsheba got to my house at around 10am. Lat reached like, half an hour later, I think. We sat at the living room, just talking and letting our Archie-swooned minds over imagine possible possibilities that might happen before/during/after the showcase. That was pretty fun. 

We thought we'd want to get him something. So we googled his favourite color, and the results came up as - purple and yellow. So we decided to give him a pair of Sri Aman socks (since our school color is purple and yellow), and inside the socks we'd put a bunch of markers, hopefully they'd be useful during his autograph sessions in the future.  :)  LOL My socks were either not washed, not dried, or the purple and yellow color on the sock weren't distinct enough. So we had to get a pair from Hidayah :) Thaaaankk yooouss.

The 3 of us planned to get to the Amphitheatre at around 12pm. The showcase starts at 3pm but we wanted front row seats :) Went to Sunway to buy the markers for David, and bought Subway for lunch (which reminds me, I owe $$ to both Lat and Elsheba, for the markers and Subway). We took a cab from Sunway Pyramid to the Amphitheatre. I think it was like two blocks from the elephant walk entrance, we saw a long row of people walking towards the Amphitheatre. :) So, as if we were in the Amazing Race we told the taxi driver to 'Cepat cepat'. And he laughed at us :) I think he knew why was it we wanted to get to the Amphitheatre so badly.

So in our heads, we were most probably the earliest bunch on people there.

Boy were we wrong. We were soooo wrong.

When we got there, the line was so long, the sight of the long line really crushed me ): We were so sure we were one of the earliest. Seems some people came as early as 8am. Urgh I should've slept over. 

We waited under the hot sun, frustrated. Sweating and at the same time trying to get David's gift ready. At home, we thought since we might be getting front row seats, maybe we could throw the sock onto the stage from the audience :) Since meeting him personally would be ... unlikely. 

So much for front row seats and throwing the sock. But Natalie Hew had meet and greet passes, so she handed the gift to David for us.

The line started moving somewhat 2 hours after we got into the line. People were running to the Amphitheatre, only to be halted or whistled at by the security people. My shoes really hurt so I took them off and ran :) 

We got pretty good seats. Any lower I think our necks would've ached after the showcase. Any higher and all we'd see is a little figure of David walking up and down the stage.

We waited for what seemed like forever. I saw many friends there :) Nasha, Chong, Michelle Lim, Jasmine, Krystle, Cheryl, Deanna, Mag Lim, Alyssa, Joyce, Dawn, Yasmin, Jun Ming, Nadira and her sisters ... yeah. Took pictures with some of them, others I couldn't spot in the massive audience. 

After what seemed like forever squared, they started with the opening acts. 3 artists. 6 songs. I think the opening acts took up about an hour? And after the opening acts (Hou Ren, Alif Satar and Danell Lee)

JJ and Ean : Do you know who comes out next?!

Audience : DDDDDAAAAVVIIIDD!!!

JJ and Ean : David Archuleta!

And he runs onstage in the most cutest outfit combination ever :) And from then onward, me, Lat and Elsheba concluded that, Archuleta is no longer cutie-Archie, he's genuine hot hot hot, now. 

Immediately he sang A Little Too Not Over You. Everytime he sings the chorus, "Not over youuuuu" He'd point into the audience and girls would go wild. 

Really, I couldn't explain how awesome his performance was. He had so much energy on stage. He definitely sounds so much better live than he does on the record. Not saying he doesn't sound awesome on the record. He most certainly does. But his presence when you watch him live makes a difference. Its just so ... BAM. He also sang Touch My Hand (My personal fave. I LOVE this song), Don't Let Go and Crush

I couldn't believe I was actually watching David Archuleta on stage. It felt so surreal and when he said, "Terima Kasiih!" and ran off stage, Lat, Baba and I, as well as many many many others out there in the audience screamed, "NO!!!!". 

But he came out again :) Played A Thousand Miles - Vanessa Carlton, and Angels

And yeah. After that it was over. It. Was. Over. The showcase felt as short as me reading the last paragraph ): I really hope David would come back to Malaysia and hold a REAL concert. 

Next time, Lat, Elsheba, we don't stake out the entrance. 




We camp out. 


On a side note, 2009 has been one of the greatest years so far :)

0 comments: