March 2, 2009

2 Idolized Latin Couple + Dancing + Genting = Happiest Girl that night :D

I have .. 3 latin dancing couples I .. umm .. idolize. 


  1. Franco Formica + Oxana Lebedew     (Germany)
  2. Riccardo Cocchi + Yulia Zagorouitchenko     (USA)
  3. Byran Watson + Carmen Vincelj       (Germany)
As for modern standard ballroom ..

  1. Arunas Bizokas + Edita Danuite  (but I think Katusha Demidova is good too)
Mummy and Daddy bought me tickets to watch the Malaysia's International Dance Competition 2009 at Genting. 

Soooo! I found myself in the car, with The Family on our way up to Genting at around 7pm on the 27th of Feb. 

Kelvin told me Riccardo was coming. I was pretty excited about that. I was hoping for Franco, Bryan and Arunas to come as well. But that was just hoping.

While they did the opening parade, where all the couples stand behind their country flag ... 

Mummy : Mae look at that girls legs. The girl from Germany. My god they're like plastic! (the legs, not the girl)

Mae: Oh my goodness you're right.

And when I looked at the girls face, she seemed so familiar. So I thought I'd look for her partner, maybe I'd recognize him. I almost screamed when I realized who they were.

FRANCO FORMICA AND OXANA LEBEDEW !!


I was soooo excited :D when I saw them. I couldn't stop cheering and cheering and cheering.

Words wouldn't do justice to how AMAZING it was sitting there in the audience watching the couples on the dance floor. 

And theeeen. I saw another couple during the semi-finals of the professional latin open, the female in a shiny silver dress ... 

RICCARDO COCCHI AND YULIA ZAGOROUITCHENKO !!


AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH . And when I thought two, was at most, the number I'd get to see my favourite ballroom dancers in one night .. 

ARUNAS BIZOKAS AND KATUSHA DEMIDOVA !!!


competed in the Professional Open for Modern Standard Ballroom. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH. 

I took videos. I took many many pictures. SO many pictures. I loved watching the Professional Modern. They were sooo ... graceful. All the ladies looked like barbie dolls dancing on clouds, and the males looked like prince charming. NO, LIKE seriously. I fell in love with sooo many prince charmings' that night. ): Ultimate, hardest fall was on Arunas.

As for latin. I couldn't stop moving! It was just too amazing. FRANCO FORMICA ruled the dance floor with his Samba. Your eyes would just glue onto formica. Oh and the way he teases the audience with his nyeeh-this-eaaasy look. Needless to say, Franco was the best male latin dancer that night. But Yulia stole the show :) I really really think she was superb. Words cant describe how she pawned the floor.

When the competition ended, after the honor dancers by both couples, the audience got up to leave the Arena of Stars. 

Mummy and I waited a bit cos of the people-traffic. We weren't in a rush to go anywhere anyway.

While we were waiting just outside the doors of the arena, people started taking pictures with some couples. At that time, I soo wished, so hard that I could've had a picture with franco, riccardo and arunas. O.o that's like asking for a rainbow in a bottle.

And as if he heard me, I turned around and there he was :D :D :D :D with Oxana tagging behind. So I heaved up the courage and asked if I could have a picture with them as they were walking towards us. I asked Oxana, ofcourse, I think my kneees would've stopped functioning if I asked Franco. I guess you can get a rainbow in a bottle. :)

:D :D :D I got a picture with them. That alone made the night better than it was, and i really thought it couldn't have been any better. And theeeeen..

Mummy : Do you want to wait for Riccardo and Arunas?

Mae : *doing backflips inside* Yes please? :D

So we waited. Waited for, I think 5 minutes and we decided to walk inside the arena and see if they were on their way out. We saw Arunas and Katusha, still being interviewed by the press. But Riccardo wasn't in sight, nor was Yulia. But mummy waited with me, anyway.

They started to close the doors of the Arena. Arunas and Katusha just finished their interviews and they went in to change. I started to conclude that maybe we missed Riccardo and Yulia. Mummy said wait a little bit more.

So mummy and I talked about the competition. I wanted to go back to the hotel room cos we've been waiting for quite a while, and the genting people had closed all the doors. So I told mummy, let's go lah, but then I turned my head by a litte bit and a head of sleek, gel-ed and maybe hairspray-ed hair caught my eye.

Riccardo and Yulia came out from backstage and were making their way to where mummy and I stood. :O :O :O :O:O:O

and once again, I plucked up all the courage I had left after asking oxana for a picture, i asked Yulia if I could have a picture with her and riccardo. 

Mae : erm, Yulia? May I have a picture with you?

Yulia: *smile* Ye ...

Riccardo : *behind Yulia, struggling with his mini-trolley suitcase* If you can open the doors, then you may. :)

:) So I have a picture with Riccardo and Yulia, too. I didnt open the door. A lady did :) But I still got the picture :D

That night, I couldn't sleep. Cos I was way too excited, and way too happy for sleep. :) Coming from a FrancoRiccardoOxanaYuliaArunasKatusha fan-girl, thank you, everyone who made the competition a steaaaming success. Cos they made my day, week, month ... hmm, how do i put this , uh .. I was and still am, actually, swept off my feet. Cheesily, and simply put, I'm very very happy.

P/S:  I was sorta surprised when I stood next to Oxana, Riccardo and Yulia, cos they were around my height O.o they looked so tall on youtube. But yeah, Franco was about a head+little bit of shoulder taller than me.

And once again .. 
Thank you :)

1 comments:

Alesia Dhana said...

wow mae... ur really into this arent u?? lol.. u betah dance like dat for me one day.. lol.. jjkjk
will make the choo bro's ur partner.. hehehe