September 26, 2009

KLDA repeat

Tonight was quite fun :)


I went for the KLDA repeat dinner and dance.

This afternoon, I told myself I wouldn't get on the dance floor. I get nervous when I'm dancing an improvised-at-the-moment dance. Like, when I dance, I'm much comfortable when I know the next step, and the one after that, etc etc. No choreo, Mae no dance. What I always say :)



That was in the afternoon.

When I got there, 30 minutes in and already a few people started dancing.

OH BTW VERY IMPORTANTE DETAIL !! QISCAMEQISCAMEQISCAME !! :)

So yeah. I thought maybe I could get away throughout the whole night not getting on the dance floor. Almost everyone else from WDA was on the dance floor, but I turned to Qis and pretended talking to her.

nope didn't work.

Kenneth came up to me, asked me to dance. I gave him my best excuses, no shoes on, skirt too long for latin, song about to end .. :\ none worked. He waited there until I got my shoes on and we did one round of the rhumba choreo.

I was a nervous wreck. When I realize the floor was getting empty, I made it to get off. But he said, "no there's another couple there." ... dang it!

But it was pretty okay :) After that, I didn't feel so nervous anymore. I did like a little bit of Waltz and some Samba with Kelvin Choo :) hahah, he can lead well. I didn't know like half of what I was doing. I did Waltz and Samba with Sean. I did the chacha with vernon. :D

Some random person was nice enough to ask me to the floor. The whole time, the dance was improv and yeahiwasprettynervous. But I got used to it :D And then it turned out to be lots of fun! :D haha

My feet were sore. I finished dancing one rhumba song with the random person, was about to sit down and johnston asks. what to do? dance lah. I thought we were gonna do the beginners rhumba routine. noooooope. improv. but then again. it was fun :)

What I liked about tonight was that, just anyone can dance with anyone. You don't have to be afraid or nervous, just ask someone to dance :) You don't even have to know the persons name. Just dance and have fun :) Everyone from WDA was dancing with everyone else. Heck, everyone in the studio was dancing with everyone else :D

P/S : Every performance was an enjoyable one :) Yahoo and congrats.

0 comments: